The University of Melbourne is recognised as being a leading research institute in Australia and internationally. Located in a knowledge precinct comprising eight hospitals, many leading research institutes and a wide-range of knowledge-based industries and with tens of thousands of researchers.
Research data is an active asset and a fundamental artefact for citation and exploitation - a critical resource for our researchers, the community, our partners and collaborators across the globe.
The University of Melbourne is seeking to create a streamlined process that enhances the research experience and ensure that these valuable assets are curated throughout their lifecycle.
About the role
The Program Manager is responsible for leading the development of an integrated service model for research data across the research lifecycle. The role will have the responsibility to work across University Services and engage with a range of providers who deliver many of the services that are responsible for research data allocation, management, preservation, publishing, archiving, promotion, compliance and exploitation. Also included are the education services for all stakeholders.
The incumbent will work collaboratively with several internal service providers to define and implement the end-to-end integrated service model.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline or an equivalent mix of education and relevant experience in areas such as information management, research data management, data management architectures and/or service model development.
- Significant service management experience in designing, implementing and/or operating large scale / complex data management environments.
- Strong engagement and collaboration skills to be able to work with several service providers and our Academic Divisions and researcher community.
- A passion to create solutions that meet the needs of the business while ensuring that the customer experience is paramount.
- Experience in the translation of needs into articulated service requirements and the ability to advise on technical solutions to implement the optimal solution.
- A focus on data-centric approach to solution design.
- The opportunity to create Australia's gold standard for research data management
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
This is a re-advertised position. Previous applicants will be considered.To view details and to apply:http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/job/899105/program-manager-research-data-management