About The Faculty of Arts
The Academic Support Office works in partnership to support the development, delivery and quality assurance of teaching and learning in the Faculty of Arts.
The Faculty of Arts maintains strong connections with leading international universities through research collaborations and student exchange programs, and nurtures relationships with government, not-for- profit and private organisations through student internship placements, research projects and community engagement.
About the role
The role is part of a team responsible for the delivery of quality administrative and support services, detailed information and advice in the area of Work Integrated Learning (WIL) in undergraduate and graduate programs in the Faculty, including industry projects, social enterprise incubator, internships, student volunteering, and work placements. The role liaises closely with academic and professional staff and advises students with respect to student programs, careers and placements to ensure progress.
About you - skills and attributes will be highly regarded:
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and/ or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to relate positively to a wide range of people from students to senior management;
• Demonstrated ability to exercise independent and informed judgement in problem-solving;
• Ability to exercise sensitivity, discretion and confidentiality in interactions with students, industry partners, academic and professional staff at all levels;
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, with the ability to manage one’s own time in order to meet deadlines;
• Demonstrated capacity to provide high-level administrative support to undergraduate, honours and coursework programs;
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Word and Excel, database management skills and the ability to learn and help implement new software systems, web editing and the like;
• Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
• Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
• The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
• A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
Indigenous Australians seeking support to apply for a vacancy are encouraged to contact the University by emailing their contact details and position number to firstname.lastname@example.org Advertised: 13 Mar 2019 12:00 AM
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 03 Apr 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time